Rental Application Fee Disclosure Statement
As part of your rental application, a rental application fee may be collected to facilitate a screening and background check.
This Rental Application Fee Disclosure Statement (“Disclosure Statement”) outlines certain information related to your rent application fee.
You are notified of and acknowledge and agree to the following:
- Prior to paying the rental application fee, you have received a copy of the Disclosure Statement and all referenced exhibits.
- Your application will be judged based on the criteria attached as (the “Criteria”).
- We have disclosed the rental application fee to you, including in any advertisement and postings related to the available rental unit and the actual rental application fee charged is consistent with those disclosures.
- In the event the rental unit that you applied for is not available, you agree that we may place you on our waiting list for no more than 30 days.
- The screening process for our rental units includes a review of the referenced Criteria, including as may be completed through a third party. The name and contact information for the screening agency used is: AppFolio, Inc 50 Castilian Dr. Santa Barbara, CA 93117 866-359-3630
- The rental application fee listed consist of the the below charges. Applicant acknowledges that we may incur such costs which are reasonable and necessary to complete the screening and background check process.
- $15.00 – 1 Credit, 1 criminal, 1 eviction screening
- $15.00 – Each additional credit, criminal, eviction screening
- $25.00 – Landlord Verification (2 years) , Employment and income verification (6 months)
- $20.00 – Office time to add the applicant to software and review application/background/credit, income and employment.
- $10.00 – Denial notification letters and mailings.
- You will be provided with any paperwork or copies of electronic correspondence generated as a result of the screening process, to the extent permitted by State and Federal Law. In the event that you are not approved for a rental unit, you will receive a notice explaining the reason(s) along with a list of resources that you may use to assist with future application processes. Any correspondence related to this Disclosure Statement will be mailed to the current address provided by the applicant via US Mail.
Within thirty (30) days of receipt of a denial, the applicant may, if he or she believes the City Ordinance has been violated, file a written complaint with the City Manager or the City Manager’s Designee, addressed to : City Manager, City of Grand Rapids, 300 Monroe Ave NW # 1, Grand Rapids, MI 49503, Attention: Rental Application Fee Ordinance Complaint.
We are an equal opportunity housing provider.
Here are LeaseGR’s criteria for evaluating applicants:
Age of applicants. Each applicant age 18 or over must complete an application. Children under age 18 must be listed on the application.
Application. The application must be completed accurately. Providing false information or failing to provide correct previous addresses will be grounds for denial.
Application fee. Applications must be accompanied by an application fee. The fee covers the cost of a credit report and background checks. It does not hold the unit, and it cannot be refunded if your application is denied.
Income. Gross monthly household income (combining all applicants) must equal at least three times the monthly rent.
Child support. If you would like child support to be included in gross monthly income, please provide proof of court-ordered payment.
Unemployment benefits. Unemployment benefits counted toward gross monthly income must be available for the entire term of your lease.
Rental history: Housing references must be verifiable. Family and friends are not acceptable references. Unacceptable rental history includes evictions, disturbances, unauthorized pets, property damage, or money owed to past landlords. Any of these will be grounds for denial.
Credit history. If your credit history is questionable, the property owner might be willing to accept a cosigner.
Employment verification. LeaseGR will obtain proof of income from your employer and any other income source. If your income is not enough to pay rent, the property owner might be willing to accept a cosigner.
Cosigner. Cosigners must prove gross monthly income of five times the monthly rent and have a credit score of at least 650. Cosigners must be over age 18 and must not plan to live in the property you’re applying for. Cosigners must complete a separate application. A credit report will be ordered.
Criminal background. No occupants can have a felony within the last 5 years. Certain misdemeanor convictions also could be grounds for denial.
Pet policy. The pet policy varies by property. All properties that allow pets require a pet deposit. All properties that allow dogs prohibit certain breeds, including pit bulls, Rottweilers and American Staffordshires. There might be weight restrictions. All properties that allow cats require they be declawed and neutered. Please ask about the pet policy for the property you’re considering.
Fair Housing Act. LeaseGR Rental Property Management adheres to the Fair Housing Act, which prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, disability, family status and national origin. LeaseGR is an equal opportunity housing provider.
Fees – Non-Refundable. Application Fee: $40.00 per applicant. Lease Administration Fee: $100.00 is due at time of move-in, this is a one-time, non-refundable fee.
The applicant agrees that all documents necessary for processing must be submitted when applying. Incomplete applications will be cancelled after three days.
If you have any questions, please call 616-257-3997 or submit our contact form.